Subject: Re: UDB - Install disk hangs ...
To: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu>
From: Frank Louwers <frank@zeuswpi.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/04/1999 21:29:06
On Thu, Mar 04, 1999 at 11:26:54AM -0700, Chris Jones wrote:
> Frank> The monitor that is normally attached to it, is a small old
> Frank> one, and is NOT capable of doin 1280! Any suggestions?
>
> Have you looked at the NetBSD/alpha Multia FAQ?  One of the questions
> looks relevant, but I'm not well-versed enough in alpha stuff to say
> much more than that.
>
> http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/alpha/multiafaq.html#video

Yes, well, on my motherboard, that doesn't seem to do the trick (yes, I
noticed 1 = off and 0 = on!). I think there must be some jumper-pin that is
not good or so.

If I change the jumpers, sometime there actually changes something, (my very
good 17 in monitor says "Signal Out of Range"), and on the other settings, is
is just plain (?) 1280.

As soon as the kernel is loaded, the font changes to something bigger. Isn't
possible to change the resolution with a program or parameter or so? I realy
need to drive this thing on my old monitor!

Frank

--
|                    Frank Louwers (frank@zeuswpi.org)                       |