Subject: Re: UDB - Install disk hangs ...
To: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu>
From: Frank Louwers <frank@zeuswpi.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/04/1999 09:28:28
On Wed, Mar 03, 1999 at 09:05:18AM -0700, Chris Jones wrote:

> Frank> However, the install disk (floppy-144) hangs after about 10
> Frank> lines of text. It boots OK at first, displays about 10 lines of
> Frank> output, then says "Loading netbsd.gz", a number (filesize?) on
> Frank> the next line, and then hangs. The light from the floppy is
> Frank> still on, but the floppy doesn't make any noises, and the unit
> Frank> just hangs.
>
> I believe this is a floppy bug due to old firmware;

Thank you, and the others! I upgraded my firmware, and the disk booted without
problems (complained about errors, but did it anyway!)

I am now configuring my system, but have one big problem:

the system is a UDB, and if I change the resolution with the jumpers, he
doesn't seem to do a lot. Anyway, I can't get the resolution to anything other
than 1280 or something my monitor calls "signal out of range".

The monitor that is normally attached to it, is a small old one, and is NOT
capable of doin 1280! Any suggestions?

Frank

--
|                    Frank Louwers (frank@zeuswpi.org)                       |