Subject: UDB - Install disk hangs ...
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Frank Louwers <frank@zeuswpi.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/03/1999 08:45:40
Hi all,

I downloaded the NetBSD 1.3.3 files yesterday to install them on my UDB
(Multia, with 166 Mhz CPU, 32 MB ram and 1 GB scsi disk).

However, the install disk (floppy-144) hangs after about 10 lines of text. It
boots OK at first, displays about 10 lines of output, then says "Loading
netbsd.gz", a number (filesize?) on the next line, and then hangs. The light
from the floppy is still on, but the floppy doesn't make any noises, and the
unit just hangs.

Another problem is occuring when I try to netboot the thing. He gets it's IP,
downloads the kernel (i think), and then gives me 3 lines of code, starting
with: "Your firmware is to old to netboot NetBSD/alpha, or ..." and then
something about the Hardware address of the networkcard not being speciefied?
It happens very quickly, and the unit then reboots.

Is there another way of installing this? (Miniroot??)

Thanks in advance,

Frank Louwers