Subject: HEADS UP: progress on new SCC driver
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/02/1999 17:26:50
Just to let everyone know...

I am working on the MI SCC driver for the Alpha again because I _need_
to make it work on the 8200 for multiprocessor support (PROM console is
just to hairy for this).

This means that I'm going to have the ioasic attachment completely
fixed, as well, and will make it the default on the Alpha port.  This
means that the cross-wired signals issue WILL be resolved :-)  We've
actually worked out a sane way to handle it, and it won't be that
hard, but I've got to make some other changes to the driver first.

Bill Studenmund and I are going to be working on this in the next couple
of weeks, so stay tuned.