Subject: bizarre crash
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: D.Joyce <poison@tstonramp.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/27/1999 20:03:15
I ran out of room in my AlphaStation, so I pulled out the
PCI VGA card to make room for an Adaptec 2940UW.
I set the console for serial and I run SecureCRT on my
Windows NT Workstation.  Now, every time I reboot
my NT box, when I run sCRT for my serial console, this
is what I get:
Bad character
Debugger+0x4:   6bfa8001
db> continue
ex0: uplistptr was 0

NetBSD/alpha (alpha) (console)

login:

It's running NetBSD/Alpha 1.3.3, the kernel is built off
the current source (02-26-1999).  I have a 3Com
EtherLink XL 100BaseTX, Adaptec 2940UW, and
(2) IBM UW SCSI Drives.  Any Ideas?  I'm sure the
simplest solution is to use a dumb term. . .  But I'm
lacking a keyboard.

  I have a Link (now part of Wyse) MC5 Terminal without
a keyboard.  Does anyone know where I can get a KB for
it??  (CHEAP!!!  I can get one from Ingram Micro for just
under $90, about $80 more than I have right now)

-Dave Joyce
poison@tsotnramp.com