Subject: Re: AlphaPC 164LX, bis
To: der Mouse <mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@zippo.unna.ping.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/25/1999 00:28:05
--==_Exmh_-339008942P

In message <199902242233.RAA03647@Twig.Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>you write:
> The problem then is, the console code seems incapable of seeing the
> SCSI disk.  "sh conf" lists the controller as hanging off the PCI bus,
> correctly (it knows it's an Adaptec whatever-it-really-is), but it

As far as I know, if adaptec is a supported boot controller at all, you have
to have DIGITAL firmware on it for the srm to see the devices, at least that's
what I have seen with my AHA1742's on Jensens and what I have heard from
others...
You might want to try some ncr8xx controller ;-(

Gruesse
       Oskar
- --
	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

- --==_Exmh_-339171632P--

------- End of Unsent Draft

--==_Exmh_-339008942P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3i

iQCVAwUBNtSLBLA63tqjeAhZAQGzzQP/eJdI0TU3/TavEAOMRFJAPAUB/WcseOow
ER0kKckONoHWCsSbjQlyEjOoMmfSxksybObVB/KW2v83KtjBx2PjZGvQKg4reN1i
e2Y6qxP6NVzfbCMy0iMp2FAn7VlN1UJP6JJ2qBUAGT1/4+igQMwohTC8f24M72tb
VeJvd5ueB7M=
=QK7K
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_-339008942P--