Subject: Re: DUNIX changed NVRAM
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org, stuebi@stuebi.de>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@ghs.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/22/1999 15:43:18
It would appear that your DU upgrade also installed a new SRM. (Do you
remember what your old SRM version was?)

SRM has been inconsistent with respect to what it calls an IDE boot
device. Some versions call it SCSI 11 and others don't. I'm confused
about one thing .. I didn't think we recognized an IDE boot device
in 1.3.x, so .. unless you built a custom kernel with `root on wd0a',
then I'm not sure I understand how it was working before. Veego has
fixed this in -current, so I guess your choices are:

	* make a custom kernel with `root on wd0a'
	* wait for 1.4
	* install the next snapshot (or the last one, with a -current kernel,
	  and things like libkvm(3), ps(1) rebuilt, etc.)
	* patch the 1.3.x code
	* do it whatever mysterious way was working before

I hope this helps...

	Ross.Harvey@Computer.Org