Subject: Re: NetBSD/alpha and wscons
To: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/16/1999 18:57:06
Chris Jones wrote:

>So, what needs to be done to get wscons to support multiple virtual
>terminals on the alpha?  What about support for color?

Wscons does support multiple virtual terminals on the alpha, just
not on the TGA framebuffer that the multia uses.  I was thinking
about throwing it in, but it certainly begs a number of questions,
since a copy of the framebuffer memory would be a meg.  So, would
one just store the characters that are on the screen?  In which
case X probably wouldn't be too happy.  Or the fact that one can
combine graphics and text on a non-X screen if one writes the
appropriate app.

>For that matter, does anybody have any ideas as to why I can't get the
>keyboard bell to work on my multia?  I've fixed the drq line for wss
>in my config file, for what that's worth.  And dmesg claims that it
>attaches a device named isabeep0; shouldn't that do the right thing?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Chris
>
>--
>Chris Jones                                          cjones@honors.montana.edu
>           Mad scientist at large                    cjones@nervana.montana.ed
>"Is this going to be a stand-up programming session, sir, or another bug hunt?
>"

 == Roland Dowdeswell
 == http://www.imrryr.org/~elric/