Subject: Re: console errors?
To: None <poison@tstonramp.com, port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@ghs.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/16/1999 00:55:38
> From: "D.Joyce" <poison@tstonramp.com>
>
> I use a WISE dumb term for my console on my
> AlphaStation 400.  Is there any way to send the
> errors that normally go to the console out to vga0?
> (dmesg reports it at wscons0)  I'm getting tired of
> seeing:
> de0: receive: 08:00:4e:85:33:ec: alignment error
> de0: receive: 08:00:4e:85:33:ec: bad crc
>
> or. . . any way of turning the de0 messages off??

That's an unusual tulip error .. although one might think "byte alignment",
IIRC it is really saying a frame off the wire didn't have a bit count
divisible by 8. The frame was bogus, hence a subseqent CRC. You might try
tracking down 08:00:4e:85:33:ec and fixing it. (Perhaps it is set to full
duplex, but on a hub? Or something like that?)

But to answer your question, go into /sys/dev/pci/if_de.c and delete
the printf just below the place where it says:

	error = "alignment error";