Subject: Atapi CD-ROM problem with 990123-current
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Ken Wellsch <kwellsch@link.link-systems.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/09/1999 20:56:57
After playing with the Oct snapshot and then I think a late Nov copy
of -current, I've now been playing with the 990123 -current on a PC164SX
box.  I note the GENERIC kernel says that the BusLogic driver is untested.
I'm using a 948 card without any troubles - if there are things I can do
so you can consider it "tested" feel free to tell me!  I get this now from
the ATAPI CD-ROM drive I'm using (worked okay up til now).  This is from
the boot log:

cd0 at atapibus0 drive 1: <GCD-R580B, , 1.03> type 5 cdrom removable
cd0: 32-bits data port
cd0: drive supports PIO mode 3, DMA mode 1
cd0(pciide1:0:1): using PIO mode 3

and when I put a CD-R in and do a "disklabel cd0" I got this; the
second one is from an "eject cd0"

cd0(pciide1:0:1): Sense Error Code 0x7f at block no. 16777215 (decimal)
cd0(pciide1:0:1): Sense Error Code 0x7f at block no. 16777215 (decimal)

Just a glitch with the copy of -current from that specific date?

-- Ken