Subject: RE: Fw: Now what?
To: David Sullivan <ds55@dimensional.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/07/1999 08:47:07
On 06-Feb-99 David Sullivan spoke unto us all:
# >Using the new two-part floppy, I was able to install (successfully) NetBSD
# >onto an IDE laptop drive inside my Multia/UDB.  But how do I boot it given
# >that:
# >
# >(1) No IDE devices are accessible from the SRM prompt;

One cannot boot off an IDE device on a multia.  The SRM is not capable of doing
so.  (SRM limitation, not NetBSD's)  I have however booted off floppy, and used
incantations of chroot to get my machine up multiuser in similar
circumstances..  Your best bet however would be a small scsi drive you could
stuff root onto.

---
Tim Rightnour  -  root@garbled.net
Free Multi-Platform Operating System: http://www.netbsd.org