Subject: Re: netbooting dec3000/300
To: alpha <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Carey Stevens <c.stevens@auckland.ac.nz>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/04/1999 20:13:00
Maybe its just my luck. I have all but given up on netbooting it.
I have downloaded version 1.3.3, and I was wondering if it was possible to
make a boot zip disc since I have an external scsi zip drive. Can I do it
without having a netbsd box, ie make a netbsd boot disc using my linux box?
How?
Thanks

Carey

"R. C. Dowdeswell" wrote:

> So, I'll ask a couple of questions of the list in general,
>         o Has anyone with an older alpha got netbooting
>           to work with the boot blocks that I provide?
>         o Have there been any time periods recently (last
>           couple of months) that netbooting has been broken,
>           since the boot blocks that you get from my system
>           are relatively recent (no idents, though...)?
>         o Are there any known issues with netbooting the
>           3000/300?

Carey Stevens
Department of Engineering Science, University of Auckland
Private Bag 92019, Auckland, NEW ZEALAND.
Tel: +64 9 3737599 x7490
Fax: +64 9 3737468