Subject: Re: Alpha 1.3I snapshot
To: Mito Osamu <mito@st.rim.or.jp>
From: Christian Groessler <cpg@aladdin.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/04/1999 01:24:54
On 3/2/99 10:11:01 Mito Osamu  wrote:

>Sorry, I tried Alpha Station BIOS update.

Why "sorry", good idea, thanks for the hint!!

>It came to work normally when it went through BIOS update.
>Add this matter to install TIPS by all means.

Yes, I also updated my firmware and now I'm able to boot the snapshot.
This should definately go to some FAQ/installation instructions/etc.

Now that all is fine ( :-) ) this opens another question for me (being
a NetBSD newbie):

What's the difference btw. the snapshot and the current -current?
Or _is_ the snapshot -current of the time of the snapshot?

regards & thanks,
chris