Subject: Re: Alpha 1.3I snapshot
To: None <cpg@aladdin.de, mito@st.rim.or.jp>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@ghs.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/03/1999 17:38:04
> From: "Christian Groessler" <cpg@aladdin.de>
>
> Now that all is fine ( :-) ) this opens another question for me (being
> a NetBSD newbie):
>
> What's the difference btw. the snapshot and the current -current?
> Or _is_ the snapshot -current of the time of the snapshot?

Right the second time ... the idea: it's a binary snapshot of the development
branch, NetBSD-current. And the releases are all based on the release
branch, which occurs a bit before the first `one-dot' release. So, although
1.3.3 might have slightly newer binaries than a given snapshot, the snapshot
contains all the development that happened since 1.3.

Regarding the last snapshot, what's up with the passwd file problems?  I'm
pretty sure we didn't change anything in the file formats. It seems more
likely that the etc.tgz set was mistakenly unpacked onto an already configured
/etc, right?

	Ross.Harvey@Computer.Org