Subject: Re: upgrading?
To: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.org>
From: Joseph Sarkes <joe@js.ne.mediaone.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/02/1999 06:45:44
Michael G. Schabert writes:

> Hi again,
> I upgraded to this last snapshot (by hand tar --unlink -zxvf
> *.tgz...sysinst & upgrade didn't like me) and now I find that telnetd no
> longer likes me either. It gives me:

i have a problem with the passwd command not working... can you check
whether passwd works locally at all? perhaps the security stuff is broken
someplace, or from previous stuff i have only glanced at, nsswitch.conf
is not set to default to be compatible with the earlier stuff????

--
Joseph Sarkes                   mailto:joe@mediaone.net