Subject: upgrading?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/01/1999 17:17:15
Hi again,
I upgraded to this last snapshot (by hand tar --unlink -zxvf
*.tgz...sysinst & upgrade didn't like me) and now I find that telnetd no
longer likes me either. It gives me:

main program: Undefined symbol "dst_realm_sz" (reloc type = 25, symnum = 24)

when I try to telnet localhost from the console. I can't telnet in from
other places...authentication failure. I didn't want any authentication
(besides getty)...is it on by default now? What can I do to get back into
my system? I can telnet into various other programs that run their own
socket services (MUDs) just fine, but I really need to be able to use my
nice telnet app.

Any help greatly appreciated,
Mike
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.