Subject: Re: netbooting dec3000/300
To: Carey Stevens <c.stevens@auckland.ac.nz>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/27/1999 00:59:23
Carey Stevens wrote:

>Hi, sorry to bother you folks again. But I am at a bit of loss why I
>can't netboot a dec3000/300. I am using version 6.3 firmware kindly
>provided by Tohru Nishimura and a setnetbootinfo hacked netboot from
>http://www.imrryr.org/alpha/multia_boot.html.

Sure, the problem is probably that the netboot from that page is
specifically for multia/newer alpha SRM consoles.  Try my slightly
updated and therefore cooler page:
http://www.imrryr.org/NetBSD/alpha/netboot/
which asks an additional question "Broken Firmware [] Yes [] No"
Try Yes for that, and unless I have the wrong boot image lying around
that should work a lot better.

(If you are interested in the problem, see PR#6446).

 == Roland Dowdeswell
 == http://www.imrryr.org/~elric/