Subject: Re: setnetbootinfo, Netbooting dec3000
To: Carey Stevens <c.stevens@auckland.ac.nz>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@canolog.ninthwonder.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/20/1999 09:52:33
> I am trying to compile setnetbootinfo on an SGI 02 IRIX 6.3 (my bootp
> server) without any luck. I have some experience with C programming but
> am a bit out of my depth here. What does add LL suffixes mean? Or does
> anybody have an executable I could have I have. I have access to IRIX,
> LINUX, DIGITAL UNIX and OPEN VMS boxes.

It should compile most easily on DIGITAL UNIX, methinks.  The "LL"
suffix means that the constant is a 64-bit constant.

Be warned that I (and others) have had bad luck trying to netboot
other 3000s (3000/400 in my case) due to buggy firmware.

-allen

--
                    Allen Briggs - briggs@ninthwonder.com
       Try free *nix: http://www.netbsd.org/, http://www.freebsd.org/,