Subject: setnetbootinfo, Netbooting dec3000
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Carey Stevens <c.stevens@auckland.ac.nz>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/20/1999 17:23:13
Hi,

I am having trouble netbooting a dec3000/300. I have found what I think
is the answer in the mailing list archives but I don't quit understand
it.

This is the excerpt from a mail explaining the procedure
>2) Now complicated step.  Compile setnetbootinfo(8) program on the boot

>  server.  This is required to modify primary boot code 'netboot' for
>   the target machine.  Source files are located at
>  /sys/arch/alpha/stand/setnetbootinfo/.  You probably need to change 4

>   lines of codes because the original uses 64bit integer constants.
It
>   would be ok to add 'LL' suffixes to them.

I am trying to compile setnetbootinfo on an SGI 02 IRIX 6.3 (my bootp
server) without any luck. I have some experience with C programming but
am a bit out of my depth here. What does add LL suffixes mean? Or does
anybody have an executable I could have I have. I have access to IRIX,
LINUX, DIGITAL UNIX and OPEN VMS boxes.

Thanks in advance.

Carey

Carey Stevens
Department of Engineering Science, University of Auckland
Private Bag 92019, Auckland, NEW ZEALAND.
Tel: +64 9 3737599 x7490
Fax: +64 9 3737468