Subject: How to build a without swap ?
To: port-alpha@netbsd.org <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew ALDOUS <mda@bdl.mhri.edu.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/07/1999 08:59:44
Hello all,

	Until recently, I was using -current, and then decided to switch over
to 1.3.3 - To do this, I mounted a new disk, installed 1.3.3 there, chroot'ed
to the new disk, configured things, etc.

	After booting from this new partition, I realised that I hadn't
partitioned any swap space - but recalled that this was no longer required.
I've built a kernel with "config netbsd root on sd1e type ffs" (nb, not "?")
but during bootup I see "root on sd1e dumps on sd1b"

	I've ensured there is no swap entry in /etc/fstab (I've never
referred to, or used sd1b anywhere) - who/what/where is "sd1b" coming from?

Thanks heaps,
Matthew.

(FWIW, /etc/conf has  'no_swap="YES"' and 'savecore=NO')

|Matthew Aldous. Brain Dynamics Laboratory, Mental Health Research Institute.|
|Locked Bag 11, Parkville, Victoria, Australia, 3052. http://www.mhri.edu.au/|