Subject: X on -current (multia)
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/01/1999 15:32:09
Hello,

Is X supposed to be working on -current?  I have a multia that used
to work, but now I'm getting something like this:
OsVendorInit
alphaKbdPriv.fd = 0 (0)
alphaPtrPriv.fd = 1 (0)
Getting interface configuration (4): Device not configured
unable to get frame buffer type: Inappropriate ioctl for device

Fatal server error:
no screens found
X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

>From dmesg:
tga0 at pci0 dev 11 function 0: DC21030 step B, board type T8-02
tga0: 800 x 600, 8bpp, Bt485 RAMDAC
tga0: interrupting at isa irq 15
wsdisplay0 at tga0: console (std, sun emulation)

Am I missing something obvious here?  Is 800 x 600 not supported
or something?  Ktrace doesn't tell me much:
11213 XalphaNetBSD NAMI  "/dev/ttyE0"
11213 XalphaNetBSD RET   open 6
11213 XalphaNetBSD CALL  ioctl(0x6,_IOR('F',0,0x18),0x12054bb54)
11213 XalphaNetBSD RET   ioctl -1 errno 25 Inappropriate ioctl for device

Help appreciated..

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.