Subject: Re: ldconfig
To: None <nmanisca@vt.edu, port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@teraflop.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/09/1998 14:09:39
> Nick Maniscalco <nmanisca@vt.edu> writes:
>
> This may be a silly question but why does the sparc port have
> ldconfig and the alpha port does not?

That's a good question, but I must say I enjoy reporting that I added this
question (and the answer) to the FAQ last July, see:

	http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/alpha/faq.html#ELF

It has a kind of first-draft look to it, so if anyone wants to edit any of
our http docs and mail me some diffs; please feel invited to do so.

On an unrelated note: thanks to everyone who responded with Jensen folklore
and actual hardware. One thing I didn't come right out and say: I wasn't doing
it just to get (yet another) alpha box...the point is: NetBSD does not support
the Jensen, but now that I've got a couple of system boards I can fix that...

  --Ross Harvey