Subject: Install progress?(Multia)
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: shsrms <shsrms@erols.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/25/1998 15:25:09
thanks to everyone for the help and suggestions!
In booting from floppy (built from CD or from current earlier this
month), I get there partially.
What I get:
If I leave the floppy in and powerup, I get thru the usual POTS stuff,
and then get a dump (screens and screens of it).
If I put the floppy in after POTS, and b dva0 - it hangs.
If I put the floppy in after POTS and b dva0.0.0.0.1 I get the beginning
of the usual NetBSD boot.  once I even got beyon the opening with the +.
and +o thing.

Ross et all have told me what to expect but I am not quite getting
there.
ANY hints appreciated!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all you!! Even tho it is a US holiday tomorrow, I
am saying thanks for NetBSD!!

The sys config is still 32MB 60NS ram, 36bit, just the floppy, no hard
drive, video, keyboard, mouse.

I figure After I get it to boot I will install the scsi hard drive.

I had a problem figuring out which jumpers are which on the multia, they
are not all labled anywhere I can see and the PDF file does not seem to
indicate the actual jumpers for the video.  I got the video set up so
that it is stable and readable off the video out (used the two jumpers
toward the back of the board and think I have some vga or svga setup.

Thanks for any hints!!
bob