Subject: Re: panic: sio_setirqstat: hosed
To: Ross Harvey <ross@teraflop.com>
From: Hal Murray <murray@pa.dec.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/12/1998 00:22:01
> [1] Edit arch/alpha/pci/sio_pic.c and take out the define for
>   BROKEN_PROM_CONSOLE (or make it xxBROKEN_PROM_CONSOLE)

Working.  Many thanks.

> [2] Update your SRM; and in fact update all three of your machines
>   with the exact same SRM image. Then see if the one machine (or

The confused machine says "V6.8-44 Jul 28 1998 16:01:59".  So does
one of the happy machines.  I didn't check the 3rd.

These machines only arrived here a month or so ago.  I hope they
are up to date.  (They were new rather than recycled.)

I scaned the firmware section on www.digital.com.  6.8 was the latest
I could find.  (I admit I stopped looking after I found it.  I found
various older versions but no hints of anything newer.)

> [3] Does Digital Unix (or VMS) work on that box?

Digital Unix works fine.  (on all 3 machines)