Subject: RE: machine checks.
To: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/04/1998 00:02:50
On 04-Nov-98 Andrew Gillham spoke unto us all:
#  Any guesses as to whether this is a hardware problem still, or a software
#  issue with this particular snapshot?  The machine has 2x16MB simms that were
#  pulled out of a 486DX4/100 machine. (they were running fine in it with 8
#  copies of 'eatmem' simultaneous)

I assume these are x36 simms, ie: true parity..

When my multia was hosed.. it would machine check and go into some sort of
infinate loop of scrolling errors at random points..  Sometimes when the
machine was totally idle.

Your problem sounds more like bad memory.. But thats just a guess..

---
Tim Rightnour  -  root@garbled.net
Free Multi-Platform Operating System: http://www.netbsd.org