Subject: Re: Qlogic vs Adaptec in Alpha
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/22/1998 13:57:11
On 22-Oct-98 Thor Lancelot Simon spoke unto us all:
#  I'd go with the Qlogic.  The driver is a lot simpler and is better
#  maintained
#  (since it "lives" in the NetBSD tree, whereas we only periodically update
#  the
#  Adaptec driver from FreeBSD); I get pretty similar performance with either.
#
#  Also, you can boot your Alpha from the Qlogic, but *not* from the Adaptec.
#
#  Where are you going to buy the Qlogic card?  Are they selling them again
#  outside of huge OEM orders?  For a while they weren't.

What about the Diamon fireport 40's or the IWILL UW cards?  Ie..  whats the
next best thing to a adaptec 2940UW?

---
Tim Rightnour  -  root@garbled.net
Free Multi-Platform Operating System: http://www.netbsd.org