Subject: Re: egcs or gcc for kernels in -current
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/16/1998 12:22:56
> : Is EGCS now required for the kernel for -current? There's
> : a compile problem for uvm_fault which I can commit a quick
> : fix for (as for sparc/arm32), but I won't if I should have
> : upgraded my compiler.
>
> It's not required, and of course, `details would be nice.'  ;)

Oh- sorry- the two places in uvm_fault.c that have

#if defined(sparc) || defined(arm32)

needed defined(alpha) added for compiling on the alpha- pg is
deemed 'may be used without being initialized'. I haven't
tried compiling elsewhere.  I'm still gcc version 2.7.2.2
for alpha.

It's a low pri issue- just saw it, the only question that I
needed really was whether egcs was now required (I might
have missed that announce)- Hey- I won't even make the
delta/fix if there's any question about it. Simple problem-
ask a simple question to a relatively low b/w email alias.

-matt