Subject: Re: When's the next snapshot?
To: None <mikenguyen@sprintmail.com, thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@teraflop.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/19/1998 20:59:44
> From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
>
> On Sat, 19 Sep 1998 13:55:50 -0500 (CDT)
>  Mike Nguyen <mikenguyen@sprintmail.com> wrote:
>
>  > As the subject says. I was wondering since the one I downloaded is
>  > pretty old.
>
> I suspect Ross will do one as soon as the signal stuff is ironed out.

Right, a new snapshot is coming. If necessary, I can just position the
snapshot build source at right before the big signal explosion^Wproject.

Todd was planning on packaging a snapshot in a week or so, and I would like
to finish some install tool hacking, but all of these delays are optional
and pretty soon we will just crank it out.

I did build a GENERIC kernel from early September sources with the Tulip
(if_de.c) fixes in. For those who are (or could be) running GENERIC, and
haven't recompiled from updated if_de.c sources, this may run with a
substantial network performance improvement.

	See: ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/alpha/misc/netbsd.gz

  --Ross Harvey