Subject: Re: AFS for NetBSD/alpha?
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/08/1998 11:59:11
Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> writes:
> I looked at it a while ago .... the big problem (IIRC) is that the kernel
> module is based on AFS 3.3, and a lot of the 64-bit fixes didn't get in
> until AFS 3.4a.

Way back when (when I was at CMU), i looked at the AFS diffs, and
tried to update them to work with 3.4a or later versions.

All I can really say is "good luck" -- it won't be very fun to try to
merge them forward.  Just for starters, trying to set up an AFS build
environment and just get the bloody thing to build is about as much
fun as a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

cgd
Plug: Get your official NetBSD-1.3.2 CDROM set today! http://www.netbsd.com/