Subject: Re: AFS for NetBSD/alpha?
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Tracy J. Di Marco White <gendalia@iastate.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/08/1998 13:56:13
}>I am wondering if there is going to be a version of AFS for NetBSD/alpha
}>in the moderately near future?  We have a machine available if necessary
}>to do the port, if someone wants to work on it.
}
}I looked at it a while ago .... the big problem (IIRC) is that the kernel
}module is based on AFS 3.3, and a lot of the 64-bit fixes didn't get in
}until AFS 3.4a.

I noticed this was going to be a problem, but I recalled reading in the
discuss logs (from February?) that there was some talk of working on
cleaning up the source tree for both easier ports to platforms and to
simplify the upgrade to a source base of AFS 3.4a.  I don't know if
anyone has had a chance to work on it at all, though, I couldn't find
anything in the mailing list / discuss logs.

I suspect that a port to the alpha is going to require the whole thing
be moved to a source base of 3.4a, but I don't know that, never having
seen the source currently used.

Tracy J. Di Marco White
Project Vincent Systems Manager
gendalia@iastate.edu