Subject: AFS for NetBSD/alpha?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org, netbsd-afs@mit.edu>
From: Tracy J. Di Marco White <gendalia@iastate.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/08/1998 13:46:05
I am wondering if there is going to be a version of AFS for NetBSD/alpha
in the moderately near future?  We have a machine available if necessary
to do the port, if someone wants to work on it.

We're going to be offering AFS volumes via netatalk, and would like to
be able to do this from alphas we have available, but need either a Linux
or NetBSD port of AFS to do this.

I've sent mail to a couple of the individuals who I hoped would be able
to tell me if it was even likely that someone would be working on this,
but have received no responses yet.  Even a reply that no one is working
on it and there are no plans to do so would help, as I would then be able
to concentrate solely on the Linux option, instead of holding out the
possibility we might be able to do this under NetBSD (my preference).

Tracy J. Di Marco White
Project Vincent Systems Manager
gendalia@iastate.edu