Subject: Re: ISP qlogic HBA + NCR HBA testers sought
To: Johan Danielsson <mjacob@feral.com, joda@pdc.kth.se>
From: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zelux6.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/02/1998 22:16:48
Excerpts from netbsd: 2-Sep-98 Re: pckbd (was: ISP qlogic... Jason
Thorpe@nas.nasa.go (1106)

 > pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
 >
 > fatal kernel trap:
 >
 >     trap entry = 0x2 (memory management fault)

There was a bug in the keyboard driver - it tried to
use a function early in attach() which depends on fully
initialized keyboard controller driver data structures.
(to disable the keyboard in the serial console case)
I've just committed a fix - I hope this cures your problem.

(There was another problem with the TGA driver which
affected the "have display hardware but use serial console
anyway" case, but this shouldn't apply here.)

(It's still mysterious why the TGA2 is not recognized as
PCI VGA on the Miata. It works as expected on a AS255,
so there must be a chipset or firmware issue. However,
I've ordered a 433au yesterday, so I hope I can check
myself soon...)

best regards
Matthias