Subject: network throughput is stuck at 2-30 mbits/second.
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Ron G. Minnich <rminnich@sarnoff.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/02/1998 10:00:03
we can't get repeatable throughput measurements on our 164lx-based alphas
using SMC Etherpower 100 or Kingston cards. It ranges from 2-30
mbits/second, with long delays that look like missed interrupts. rdisting
a 200K file to 16 nodes takes 20 minutes. anyone seen anything like this?
I do know that Linux (believe it or not) has the exact same problem on
the exact same hardware ... not that i'm going to run that anyways on
this cluster.

thanks
ron

Ron Minnich                |"Using Windows NT, which is known to have some
rminnich@sarnoff.com       | failure modes, on a warship is similar to hoping
(609)-734-3120             | that luck will be in our favor"- A. Digiorgio
ftp://ftp.sarnoff.com/pub/mnfs/www/docs/cluster.html