Subject: AlphaPC164/LX SRM updates
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Paul H. Anderson <pha@pdq.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/02/1998 09:19:45
My message a few days ago regarding where to find the update to the SRM
for the AlphaPC164/LX motherboard is obsolete - the directory has been
removed from the ftp server at digital.

Which leads to the question:

Has anyone gotten the firmware in
ftp://ftp.digital.com/pub/DEC/Alpha/firmware/v5.2/alphapc164lx

to correctly install on that motherboard?  Although there is no
lx164srm.rom file (as the v5.0 directory used to have), the .exe file in
v5.2 is big enough that I think it holds the SRM image in it.

Any clues would be appreciated.  I'm not sure what changes v5.2 has over
5.0 (which, for alphapc164lx only, is actually a copy of 4.9, I think).

Paul

| Paul Anderson           Public Data Queries, Inc.    |
| pha@pdq.com             734-213-4964(W) 994-3734(H)  |