Subject: RE: Boot image for a 4100
To: None <John.Schenck@infousa.com, port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@teraflop.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/31/1998 12:53:01
> I tried the image from this dist. but it wont boot all the way. I can
> give more info if someone needs/wants.
> Support for the 4100 is not on the install floppy, but if you have one
> we will be happy to make a floppy for you.

Right, there wasn't space on our SSTO floppy to add the 4100. I have
a relatively simple solution for this, but I haven't yet, well, done it.

So, there are two ways to go from here:

	1. You, or one of us, (someone with an already running NetBSD/alpha)
	   needs to make a custom boot floppy that has 4100 but doesn't have
	   some other crud...(so it still fits)

	2. You could netboot. GENERIC has AlphaServer 4100 support and the
	   boot blocks are not platform-dependent in any way.

  -- Ross Harvey