Subject: RE: error when running boot disk
To: 'Ross Harvey' <ross@teraflop.com>
From: John Barbee <JBarbee@server5.singular.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/25/1998 18:05:53
I upgraded the SRM firmware to 6.8.2.  Hopefully the firmware is not the
issue.
I used a rhl avanti-s.img boot disk, while the video card was still in.
The bootstrap info outputted to the monitor just fine.  Although, in
order to boot I had to use a boot string buried deep in the redhat
website and even then the boot process stopped with a panic when it was
unable to mount root (what a surprise).