Subject: Re: Any ZLXp-E[23] news?
To: John Davison <davisoja@clarkson.edu>
From: Dave Cherkus <cherkus@homerun.unimaster.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/14/1998 18:34:37
John Davison writes:

|> I was under the impression (from a posting in June) that Jason Thorpe was
|> working on ZLXp-E2 support.  Have you made any progress, Jason?  I have an
|> E2 and some AS200's and would be more than happy to help test any code.
|>
|> On a related note, what is keeping the xfree86 SVGA, etc. Xservers from
|> running?  ISA DMA support?  Does anyone care to further explain this issue
|> to me?
|>
|> See, my roommate has an XL w/Millenium 8MB, and I'm getting jealous... =)
|>
|> john

http://www.toast.net/~strycher/AS200.html has pointers to diffs
to get the xfree86 xserver to support this board.  Then there is
the matter of getting the driver to work.  As others have reported,
the existing tga driver doesn't do the right thing when this board
is in your system, and you panic.

--
Dave Cherkus ------- UniMaster, Inc. ------ Contract Software Development
Specialties: UNIX Internals/Kernel TCP/IP Alpha Clusters Performance ISDN