Subject: Re: Help?
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Scott Glasgow <sglasgow@rupp.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/29/1998 09:27:58
On Tue, 28 Jul 1998, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> I have successfully probed PCMCIA cards in my Multia in NetBSD-current
> (Matt Thomas and I added the support in the Alpha port :-), but I have
> not gotten them to interrupt properly; I suspect there is something about
> how the PCMCIA controller interrupts are wired on the Alpha that I do
> not fully understand...

I've got the PCMCIA support compiled into the kernel and it recognizes the
modem card I have, but any commands sent to the modem are apparently
ignord. So I take it as of NetBSD-current, PCMCIA is not fully implemented
or has anyone gotten cards to work? I did get a device not configured
although I did run MAKEDEV. I did not check the MAKEDEV to make sure it
had entries for pcic0 and pcic1 or maybe it just needs pcmcia0 and
pcmcia1?

Any tips or if there is anything you need me to test, let me know. BTW,
thanks to Matt and yourself for adding it into the ALPHA port!

Regards,
Scott