Subject: Re: offtopic: looking for something beyond an axppci33
To: , <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kevin Ogden <kkb@ddw.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/22/1998 23:50:51
I am the proud owner of an axppci33 system.  166mhz, 64 megs of true parity

memory (two 32 meg 72-pin 36-bit 60ns simms, phew).  Its a nice system but
I would like to move on to something a little more powerful.  I have quite
a bit of hardware that I can spare for a new system (or replacement
system), scsi disks, controlers (adaptec 2940uw), an s3 virge, etc...

www.Onsale.com is selling DEC AlphaStation 200/233's for about $350-$400
bucks....

It's a 233mhz 21064-based machine, the 166mhz version is equivelant to a
PPro/200 (512k version).  They are pretty damn potent little machines, much
faster than a 21066-based machine like a Multia/UDB.

I'd recomend one of those.  I just have 3 multias, 2 run DEC UNIX, 1 runs
NetBSD.

	Kevin