Subject: Re: Supported hardware
To: None <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA, port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@teraflop.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/22/1998 10:50:54
> From: der Mouse  <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
>
> What's the current state of the supported hardware list?  When I
> fetched the latest alpha snapshot, the supported-hardware section of
> the relevant file said just "ask port-alpha" :-)  [Though it seems to
> me a snapshot could reasonably have something there, to indicate what
> that snapshot supports.]
>
> 					der Mouse

A. Please see the web page. Chris and I just put two days of work into it,
and I think it will help you a lot.

	http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/alpha/index.html

B. For the most part, NetBSD device support is MI these days, and I don't
really know which MI drivers have and have not been tested on alpha.

C. To the extent that information on the www pages might be reasonably be
edited into the "relevant file", please accept my invitation to edit the
src/distrib/notes/* stuff and commit changes back. You do have cvs access
and with the amount of effort you spend sending mail on the other lists I
think you could really fix up a lot of the rough edges in NetBSD. Good luck!