Subject: Re: IDE on Multia
To: Ross Harvey <ross@teraflop.com>
From: Joseph Sarkes <joe@js.ne.mediaone.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/10/1998 12:02:36
Ross Harvey writes:

> A while back we had a discussion about the non-working IDE on LCA systems.
>
> I've fixed this for the axppci33 in -current, and the same fix will work
> on the Multia, except that the config register with the magic bit can be
> at one of two addresses depending on a hardware pin.
>
> So, it would be nice if someone with a Multia can boot up with either
> a -current kernel, or after updating /sys/arch/alpha/alpha/dec_axppci_33.c
> to rev 1.38, or after applying the diff below. This new version is
> not in the snapshot. You can check to see if the mod is in your kernel
> with:

I tried to do this after installing the current snapshot on my multia.
The snapshot booted ok, but the kernel I built using current sources
dies just after the first stage loader loads it, and jumps back to the
SRM, with no error messages. Any ideas how to debug this?
--
Joseph Sarkes                   mailto:joe@mediaone.net