Subject: Re: [Q] Keyboard support for TC Alphas.
To: Takuya Koumoto <takuya-k@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/07/1998 15:51:20
On Sun, 28 Jun 1998 18:45:15 +0900
 Takuya Koumoto <takuya-k@is.aist-nara.ac.jp> wrote:

 > I have just finished the first stage of this work.

...I just took at look at integrating it, and before I do, I have a couple
of suggestions:

	(1) The code that interprets the lk201 scancodes... that should
	    be a table lookup, indexed by scancode, not a series of
	    if ... else if ... else if ...

	(2) You currently don't do the LEDs and whatnot... there is some
	    code in sys/arch/pmax/dev/lk201.c that you might be able
	    to lift to do the bell, leds, etc.

	(3) There are some other integration issues, esp. w/ how the
	    TC framebuffer console attachments are done.  Currently,
	    those are going to require the NEW_SCC_DRIVER option.  Some
	    of this is waiting for me to set up a test lab so that one
	    of the NI ZS driver gooroos can help me with the tricky
	    wiring of the SCC in the TC systems.

...anyhow, if you'd like to take on projects (1) and (2), that would be
fantastic :-)  At least (1) should be finished before the code is integrated
into the source tree.

 > Thanks a lot for the great work: MI wscons and zsc drivers.

Thanks for doing this work!!

Moffett Field, CA 94035                             Pager: +1 650 940 5942