Subject: Re: Shared Memory PProblem?
To: None <dillema@huygens.org>
From: Ted Spradley <tsprad@set.spradley.tmi.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/04/1998 08:09:52
> For the rest: You cannot imagine how happy I am with the quality of this
> NetBSD-alpha install :-). Serious!

Yes!  I bought one of those AlphaStation 200s from OnSale.com and
installed 1.3.2 on it.  I just went to ftp.netbsd.org, found the 1.3.2
Alpha binaries, skimmed quickly through the installation instructions,
and jumped in.  I haven't had any time to spend on it, I had to fire up
the 'ftp mget *' one night and go to bed, then the next night 'for file
in *.tgz...tar xpfz...' and go to bed.  It all Just Worked.

<rant>
 And without spending hours trying to figure out the idiosyncrasies of
some custom graphical interface, then more hours wading through lists of
optional stuff, and not discovering until after all that that I
misunderstood something near the beginning and it won't boot and I'm
going to have to do it all again from the beginning because I didn't
really understand what was going on as I did it, just like Windows.
</rant>

Thanks!  Thank you very much, everyone!

Ted Spradley <A HREF="mailto:tsprad@metronet.com">tsprad@metronet.com </A>
 +1-972-484-5356