Subject: Advise Needed on CCD
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Feico Dillema <dillema@acm.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/18/1998 15:35:06
Hello All,

Next week I'll have two second-hand 2GB Ultra-Scsi  Barraccuda XL disks.
Although these disks are supposed to be robust, they are second hand and
therefore I cannot be completely sure what their status is. I want to
add them to my Alpha UDB that is acting as a NFS fileserver for a small
network.

I'm interested in using CCD for mirroring the most important
partition (containing our CVS-Repository) onto the two disks
for reliability and maybe use CCD on my /usr/pkg hierarchy for
increased performance.

My question: Can any of you make some comments on the stability of
the CCD-code on NetBSD-alpha. I'd like to have some notes and experiences
from you on whether using CCD is  good idea to increase reliability
and/or performance. (I'm using NetBSD-alpha 1.3 at the moment, and will
upgrade to 1.3.2 or other snapshot when the disks arrive, the client
machines are Intel boxes running NetBSD-1.3.1 --- soon 1.3.2).

Thanks,

Feico.