Subject: Re: ldconfig
To: None <mikeride@prez.buf.servtech.com, port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@teraflop.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/17/1998 21:42:20
> From: "Michael G. Schabert" <mikeride@prez.buf.servtech.com>
>
> Hi NetBSDers,
> One of those programs that I mentioned had the Dec 30 date happened to be
> ldconfig (gives wrong architecture error). Unfortunately, that one didn't
> have a working twin in another directory. Which tarball is ldconfig located
> in so I can reinstall? Many programs are giving me the shared object
> libxxxx.so.6 not found because I don't have a working ldconfig.
>

> Also, mail dumped core:

NetBSD/alpha doesn't have and doesn't need ldconfig. If your executables
can't find their libraries then something is way wrong with the install.

I'm not sure what's wrong with your mail program, but I suspect if we fix
up the other problems with your install then it will start working.  I'm
running that snapshot as are many other people and this is the first I've
heard of a mail bug.

I'm quite surprised that mail and gdb are the only things coring...

I do think that the next time I do a snapshot (hopefully RSN) I will try
to do toolchain and X sets as well. We do seem to have had some trouble
with the original plan of mixing snapshot sets and release sets.

--Ross