Subject: Build success on Alpha
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian Cully <shmit@kublai.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/11/1998 20:30:44
Well, for the first time in the ten or so months it's been since I first
put NetBSD on an Alpha I had laying about the office, I've finally managed
to build world.

I swear I heard angels.

It turns out I just had to rebuild the toolchain from source (which
involved doing a small patch to it that I haven't had time to really
investigate). The other bits involved frobbing with domestic/lib/libntp,
as I've described earlier, plus the small patches to yacc (and I'll
submit a diff post-USENIX).

I still haven't heard why I have to put a copy of libntp_pic.a into
domestic/lib/libntp. I assume this problem only plagues the Alpha or
I would have seen it on the other lists by now. Can someone please
explain this to me?

--
Brian Cully						<shmit@erols.com>
``And when one of our comrades was taken prisoner, blindfolded, hung