Subject: Multia with no floppy
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Damon Hopkins <dhopkins@rtci.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/11/1998 00:17:10
I have no floppy drive in my computer and My firmware is too old. used
dd to make a floppy image on another scsi drive but i cannot get my
firmware to update. When Im at the srm console I can type boot <scsi
drive> and it loads the newer firmware (3.8-72 I believe) but the
netbooting does not work. when using the older firmware (3.5 something)
I get to the error message about hard coding the ethernet address in
there. My question is do i need someone with an alpha to compile my new
boot kernel or is there something I can do? If you need my Mac address
here it is. 00:A0:24:D4:EB:F4

		Thanks in advance,

		Damon Hopkins
		dhopkins@rtci.com