Subject: Re: Processor correctavke error?
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/10/1998 19:58:06
On 11-Jun-98 Jason Thorpe spoke unto us all:

#  > Well.. cc said "fatal signal 11"  I just assumed the mmu was saying
# "nothing
#  > there fred"
#
# Oh!  The kernel didn't panic?  Do you have "DEBUG" enabled in your kernel?
# If so, that would explain why that spew was sent to the console :-)
#

Sorry.. should have been more specific.  A question though.. I'm assuming this
happens when make or cc hits a ulimit.  (it happens alot more on smaller memory
machines)  Why dont we have something like SIGXCPU called SIGXMEM, and kill it
with one of those?  The problem is,  I have a paralell version of our standard
make (which runs on my glunix-netbsd cluster) and it likes to exceed memory on
the smaller machines, and bomb out with sigsegv's.   Its very hard to debug,
because I can't tell if I've just hit a ulimit, or if I've actually made a call
to protected memory.

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.net
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html