Subject: Re: Processor correctavke error?
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/10/1998 16:39:27
On 10-Jun-98 Chris G. Demetriou spoke unto us all:
# > Chris - I'll have to ponder this. Ultimately, most of this stuff
# > will get covered under DIAGNOSTIC anyway (for reporting to the console
# > about errors),
#
# Actually, I disagree.  If we're listening for correctable error
# reports, it is probably correct to print them (or just log them),
# regardless of DIAGNOSTIC or DEBUG.

If we plan on printing these errors somehow, what are the chances they could be
handled in a way that syslogd could intercept them?  I have a serial console on
my alpha, and don't really watch it.  All my machines send thier logs to a
central log host, which processes them, and I watch that one.  It does me no
good to have errors being reported to a serial console which isn't monitored
most of the time.

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.net
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html