Subject: Re: Processor correctavke error?
To: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/10/1998 17:31:25
>I'm working on trying to expand the amount of usable information
>reported in these kinds of traps. This one is a system found
>error- despite what Chris and others say, I still think the
>pc and ra can be interesting - what's the pc and ra correspond
>to for this kernel, and what've you got loaded as options on
>this box?

Well, that was with the GENERIC kernel from the installation page ...
and now that I've got a custom kernel compiled, it isn't crashing,
sigh.  If it happens again, I'll let you all know.  It seems to only
occur with heavy disk activity.  As for options on this box ... it's
a relatively standard AXPPCI 33 with a generic PCI vga card (or by
"options", do you mean something else?

I'm wondering what "Processor correctable error" really _means_, though.
I don't know much about the Alpha at that level, so it's got me mystified.

--Ken